Beauty products change more often than I change my go-to foundation. This summer, I've sat down to review my skin, hair, and makeup routines to find what suits me best. Below, I've listed my favorites (keep in mind, everyone has different preferences!).
- Daily- Clearasil Facial Cleanser (generic formula works too) w/ my Clarisonic Mia2 or wash cloth (I use microfiber)
- Weekly- Mario Badescu Foaming Cleanser w/ my Clarisonic Mia2
- Makeup Removal - Target's Shea Butter baby wipes (these literally take EVERYTHING off my face)
Typically, I was my hair every 3-4 days (if I straighten it, I can go a little longer by putting it in a bun #curlyproblems).
- Suave Rosemary & Mint Shampoo and Conditioner (every day brand)
- 1x Weekly - Design Essentials Quinoa & Bamboo treatment
- Lush R&B (used when straightening, about a nickel size; quarter size for curls)
- Eco-styler gel
- Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer
- Carl's Daughter Hair Milk
So, on the daily, you will find me either in Garnier Frutis' Miracle Skin Protector (Light/Medium) or L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation in Buff Beige (or Natural Buff, depending on my mood). I usually start with either of these and add my ELF Studio 50 Palette (I really only use the bronzer and blush in this one).
For the eyes, I run to my NYC pencil liner or Maybelline Master Drama, both in black, topped off with either Too Faced's 'Better Than Sex' or Maybelline's Illegal Lengths mascara. Lips, eh, I figure that out as my day goes along, but I typically stick to a classic nude or pink shade by MAC (or whatever I find in my purse, because the makeup fairy knows there is ALWAYS something in there).
For my daily routine, I try to keep it the same, with small alterations in between. But for the most part, you'll find me totally casual unless I have an event - that's when the good stuff comes out!